The legendary American boxer was already eyeing a comeback later this year
Floyd Mayweather has publicly told broadcasters and casino venues to put their money up for a fight between himself and Khabib Nurmagomedov.
It is not yet clear whether the soon-to-be-returning 50-0 boxer is serious about a second crossover bout with an MMA fighter, however he is certainly toying with the idea on social media.
While at a Russian boxing event on Saturday, long-time Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe posted a video of himself meeting Khabib, who is currently back in his home country on a victory tour after beating Conor McGregor.
The UFC lightweight champion used the opportunity to send a direct message to Floyd, who previously beat McGregor himself in a unique 2017 crossover bout.
Nurmagomedov said: “Let’s go Floyd. We have to fight now: 50-0 versus 27-0. We are two guys who never lose.
“In the jungle there is only one king. Of course, I am the king because he cannot drop McGregor but I drop him easily. Let’s go.”
Floyd Mayweather responded to this with a very simple social media post in which he directed his followers to check out the above video of Khabib.
He then added: “CBS, Showtime and MGM Grand – Get the chequebook out!
“Let’s make Las Vegas great again.”
While it seems incredibly unlikely that this bout will actually come to fruition, it also seemed incredibly unlikely that Mayweather would face McGregor.
The self-proclaimed ‘Best Ever’ has already stated that he will have a tune-up bout against an unnamed opponent in Tokyo, Japan this December, before then rematching Manny Pacquiao in another money-spinning mega fight next year.